So this is my first attempt at a blog and I am not to good at keeping up with stuff like this so we will see how it goes. I am starting this to document my build of a 1978 CB750 into a Cafe insipred speed machine. I will also post other things on here that interest me and if for some reason a few weeks go by with out a post it might be because I am out on a deployment for work so don't hate and I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ultimate Seizure

So yesterday after messing around getting my lawnmower running Dave came by to help me attempt to unseize the bike. So our plan was to put in gear and tow it behind his truck. We thought hey this will be simple he messed with it a little to see how seized it was and of course he had no luck. So I put the seat back on we grabbed my tow line hooked it up and we pulled. Several times we popped the clutch with it in gear jerking it along and we ended up going around my block and I think he was going up to about 30mph. No luck still so I am starting to think this bike might have been actually seized up before sitting for 20 years and that might be why it is seized up. Before I try to open the motor up I am going to try using a 50/50 mix of acetone and automatic transmission fluid. I have heard this is the ultimate for unseizing a really locked up motor. So I am going to let it soak for another week and then Dave and I will give it a shot again. My big concern now is if there is any scoring to the pistons at all.






3 comments:

  1. That was fun, can't wait to try it again. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for nothing, but maybe you should try it again. Except have Dave riding bitch and I'll drive the truck. The more weight the better. I'd offer to be on the bike too but I know you guys would get jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We talked about having Dave ride it next time, we will see. That thing is locked up good.

    ReplyDelete