So this is my first attempt at a blog and I am not to good at keeping up with stuff like this so we will see how it goes. I am starting this to document my build of a 1978 CB750 into a Cafe insipred speed machine. I will also post other things on here that interest me and if for some reason a few weeks go by with out a post it might be because I am out on a deployment for work so don't hate and I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Slinging Flake

So the other day I cut out of work early with the hopes of getting my paint done because Wednesday and Friday of this week I have 24 hour duty at work. Then this weekend I have my in laws coming in town for 2 weeks and I don't want to be working on it the whole time they are here but I also leave the a week after they leave. So I came home set up my home made paint booth, and then was about to get started and my primer failed when I went to clean it off. So I had to run out buy some more primer, re prime it and then I was ready for paint. This was my first time using anything other than a rattle can and I learned a lot while I was doing it. I sprayed the flake on dry using an undercarriage spray gun. It turned out pretty good so far but I am not done, I underestimated how much flake I was going to need and had to order more flake and clear. I also decided to do the fender in black and I might do some flake on it or get some stripping done. So hopefully they get here soon and I can get it all finished up, but in the mean time here are some pics.

Paint Booth

Sweet Vintage Compressor

Spray Gun

Tank With Primer

Silver Base Coat

Roth See-Sic-Blue Trippin Flake

The Trippin Effect



2 comments:

  1. I was pretty impressed with what I saw the other day, you did a good job. I can't wait to see it cleared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks sweet, I was gonna stop by last night but just wanted to get home after all day school. I will be calling next week to see the po' boy paint booth setup if it's still around. Not going to bother you this weekend because of the company.

    ReplyDelete